Partner Links and Information
US Export Licenses and Regulations Sites
US Export Development Agencies Home Pages New York - New Jersey Export Multiplier Organizations
Last Updated: April 09, 2001
US Export Licenses and Regulations Sites
For assistance with US export licensing questions and current export licensing regulations. It is the responsibility of the exporter to be up to date on regulations and these agencies are here to help. Federal agencies that control exports are the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Export Administration BXA, US Department of State, and US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control OFAC.
- Bureau of Export Administration BXA Export licensing information from the US Department of Commerce including the Export Administration Regulations: www.bxa.doc.gov
- Export Administration Regulations On-Line Free access to the Export Administration Regulations from the Government Printing Office. Includes a searchable Regulations database and export license FAQ section: www.access.gpo.gov/bxa
- Federal Trade Commission. Info on Made in USA labeling requirements and standards and competition.
- Office of Foreign Asset Controls OFAC Embargoed country licensing information from the US Treasury Department: www.ustreas.gov/ofac
- Office of Defense Trade Controls US Department of State office controlling defense related exports: www.pmdtc.org
- US Department of State: The US diplomatic agency and service, Washington headquarters homepage: www.state.gov
US Export Development Agencies Home Pages
For assistance with developing overseas markets and other export sales and marketing help:
- The Export Finance Matchmaker from the International Trade Administration’s Office of Finance enables exporters to find financial firms that finance their sales transactions to overseas buyers. The EFM features the most comprehensive list of banks and other export finance service providers that offer to assist the financing needs of U.S. exporters: www.ita.doc.gov/td/efm
US Agency for International Development Global Technology Network GTN Export sales leads in the agricultural, communications, information, environmental, and health technologies sectors: www.usgtn.org.
- US Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service, FAS: Helps ag exporters and has programs to promote export of agricultural commodities: www.fas.usda.gov/aboutfas.html
- Census Bureau Schedule B & Harmonized Code online search. Info regarding online Shipper's Export Declarations and much export statistical data: www.census.gov/foreign-trade/www/index.html#main
- AESDirect Census Bureau. Free, internet filing of Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) info to the Automated Export System AES. Alternative to filing a paper SED. http://www.aesdirect.gov
- US Department Of Commerce: Washington headquarters homepage: www.doc.gov
- USA TRADE.GOV Commerce's new Commercial Service website contains information on all US Department of Commerce International Trade Administration export promotion services, including free market research and export sales leads. Also features export related webcasts. See www.usatrade.gov
- Commerce Business Daily: All federal procurement offices must announce their proposed procurement actions over $25,000 and contract awards over $25,000 that are likely to result in the award of subcontracts: cbdnet.access.gpo.gov
- ECommerce: US Department Of Commerce, Secretariat Of Electronic Commerce explains importance and development of electronic commerce. Government policy, significance of web business, case studies: www.ecommerce.gov
- Trade Compliance Center, US Department of Commerce official site for business advocacy and fair access to overseas markets. Info on NAFTA ,EMU many hotlinks : www.mac.doc.gov
- STAT-USA Export sales leads, National Trade Databank NTDB market research reports, and trade statistics from US Department of Commerce: www.stat-usa.gov
- US Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration: US Department of Commerce ITA homepage, Washington headquarters: www.ita.doc.gov
- The US Department of Commerce's site for immediate and up to date information on the European market: www.sce.doc.gov
- Export Brazil: The US Department of Commerce, Sao Paulo. Much information on the Brazilian market and in-country Commerce services available to US exporters: www.focusbrazil.org.br.
- US Exporter's Yellow Pages: Now Export Yellow Pages is on line with company registration, product, and company look up: www.docexport.com
- Export-Import Bank of the United States: Washington headquarters homepage: www.exim.gov
- US Small Business Administration: Washington headquarters homepage: www.sba.gov
- US Small Business Administraion Service Corps of Retired Executives, SCORE main website for a wide range of small business counseling: www.score.org. Also, see local New York Score chapter site below
- SCORE, New York Chapter 1000: Calendar of "How to Export" seminars, agendas, downloadable registrations as well as business counseling for New York export startups. Offices in Manhattan, Harlem, and Brooklyn. www.scorenyc.org
- US Small Business Administration, Office of International Trade: The SBA office dedicated to small business exports: www.sbaonline.sba.gov/oit
- US International Trade Commission Dataweb generates reports on products exported and to what countries. Harmonized Code and SITC look ups. Dataweb requires registration and log in: http://dataweb.usitc.gov
- US Trade Representative: Advocates US trade policy abroad: www.ustr.gov
- US Trade and Development Agency: Grants feasibility studies and assists US companies seeking to export or do business abroad: www.tda.gov
New York - New Jersey Export Multiplier Organizations
These not-for-profits provide export assistance and services to local industry, often in co-sponsorship with the US Department of Commerce. Check out the organization that supports your area.
s information on all New Jersey companies that export products or services abroad. All New Jersey companies that export will receive a free listing on the site. To list your company visit www.njexport.com and click on the link "New Company Edit Form".
lElectronEX Publicizes New Jersey software, hardware, telecommunications, and laboratory equipment companies overseas. Site targets systems integrators, sales reps, importers, distributors, and networking companies around the world. A project of the New Jersey Technology Council and the New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJIT: www.electronex.com
The Westchester County Association. Where Westchester Meets the World.. in partnership with the Westchester County Office of Economic Development, the WCA promotes trade for mid-Hudson valley companies. Through its' World Trade Council of Westchester, the WCA organizes international programs and networking events.
The World Trade Association of New Jersey. The oldest international trade association in New Jersey. Provides forums to meet and discuss trade, offers a business assistance network, and presents monthly speakers. Membership is from New Jersey industry, professions, federal and State trade agencies. Click on logo
NJ Export. NJ export include
The World Trade Institute of Pace University hosts programs covering all aspects of international trade and operations in various formats, such as seminars, evening courses, language training and individual customized programs .